Well, I thought one of my daughters had hit the terrible two's. But it turns out to just be the post birthday blues. Happy Hannah struggled with the let down of birthdays but after three straight days for birthday cake, presents, singing and just overall fun with family and friends what would you do? She has now returned to her happy self, and Meg, well....she enjoyed every single minute of it. Between being able to sit on any grandparent's lap and singing Happy Birthday to herself over and over-she was in her glory. It probably helped that she was able to smear Cold stone Cake all over herself for three days straight. Speaking of cake, if there ever was a question as to whether H and M were twins, this weekend we did find out for sure: Hannah eats every last bite of frosting and ice cream from the cake and Megan only at the cake. Thank goodness for Cold stone-it made both of them happy and mommy enjoys it too!
Both girls are thrilled to be playing with all of their fun toys from their grandparents. They were completely spoiled with gifts are enjoying every one of them, or at least it looks like it after they have played downstairs for awhile.
I still can't believe my babies are two. I vividly remember the first few days and months of being home and wondering how I would survive motherhood with twins. Those days are long gone and I look forward to years of laughing with my girls because they have the greatest sense of humor.
Here are the stats from our Dr's visit today:
Megan is
28 pounds (73% for weight)
35 1/2 inches (90% for height)
Hannah is
26 pounds (49% for weight)
34 1/4 inches (75% for height)
They absolutely loved going to see the doctor. He was in the process of telling me how they should be putting two words together now as Hannah said, "Mommy, read frog book please." He is no longer worried about their vocabulary or speech ability. However, he did recommend a discipline book, I am not sure if that was a subtle hint or just standard protocol.
The girls amaze me more every day. They love to get into their big girl beds (toddler beds) at night after daddy reads them their stories. They actually stay in them and still call for us in the morning to get them out. I hope this continues and I am excited about getting real big girl beds in the near future. Daddy isn't so ready for those yet.
Enough from the rambling mother....
2 comments:
HOORAY FOR GOOD GROWTH!
Heart melting over their calling out to you from bed!!!
And about the cake story - lololololol
great post!
Sorry for the party let down, Hannah....girls just wanna have fun!
Oh, I loved reading about the girls, Lindsey! The stats were fun to read too.
I really hope that C can meet your three girls sometime when we're in Michigan again. I think he'd have a blast with H and M!!!
And happy post-birthday to your little ones!
Post a Comment