Saturday, April 14, 2007

Treehouses, slides and horses...OH MY!!!






H & M said, "This morning we got Daddy up bright and early to take us to our new favorite place, the MALL! We love the mall for the tree house play area and the carousel, not for the same reason mommy loves it. We had a lot of fun. Went down the slide over and over and over again. Then we went up to try the carousel, oh the fun! Hope you enjoy our pictures as much as we enjoyed the activities in them."


On a side note, we had our first negative response to the girls. Well, I don't know that it was exactly negative, it just really caught me off guard. There was a girl, 9 or 10 years old, in the tree house too. She looked at the girls and said, "are they yours?" To which I responded, "yes, they are my little girls." She then stated, "then why do they look funny?" I was so taken aback that I didn't even respond. I have heard of other people getting comments but it seems they are so prepared for them. I wasn't, but will be next time.


On a positive note, we were approached by two separate ladies at the mall that commented on how cute the girls were and how they both had two Korean daughters of their own, now all grown up. I guess I am just so used to positive reactions in public that the little girls comment just took me by surprise. Sorry to end on a down note. Happy Saturday!!!

1 comment:

J-me said...

I understand being "off-guard" when questions like that come on. Just today Evan asked "why does Alex have to have that chair?" Our best reply is the truth. He can't walk or sit up without it. Which of course leads to many other questions. We also reply that GOD made Alex special this way. Kids are just honest...they really mean no harm/attack on you.
GOD perfectly choose M & H for you and Charlie. How lucky they are!!
Love you
J-me