Friday, August 8, 2008

Catch Up

Ok, so I have been trying very hard not to say anything but to just post pictures. I can't take it anymore. I have to say something!!!! A couple of weeks ago Kate turned nine months and I took her in for her well baby check. She was 19.8 pounds (70%) and 29 1/2 inches tall (96%). She is very talkative, incredibly determined, and unstoppable. Yesterday she learned how to crawl up the stairs and fall down them (only two steps though). There is now a gate on the stairs. She continues to go crazy over dogs. I can be holding her in a crowd of people and before I even see the dog, I know there is one because of her response. She LOVES dogs!

We just finished a couple of weeks with a house full. First Grandma Linda came for a few days action packed days. We made cupcakes, went to the beach and then did an hour long horse back ride with all of the girls. Little did I know that Grandma isn't that fond of horses. But Hannah rode with Grandma Linda and they even got their horse to trot!

Then Uncle Wes, Miss Meggie, Grandpa Chuck and Grandma Peggy came to spend a fun day with us. We pretty much ate a lot, grilled Meggie, went to the beach and made some ice cream. The girls are still obsessed with the flash cards that Grandma Peggy brought them. I think she wants to see them on in Washington one day!

Then the real circus began! On Monday my sister came with her little munchkins (four little ladies) and Uncle Brandon came in on Thursday. They all stayed with my mom because on that Wednesday my cousin Ashley, her husband Casey and their two little ones came to our house from CO for the week. All of the kiddos were in the same age groups but poor little Cameron was the only boy. We had a ton of fun and great food, thanks Abby and Brandon! We went to visit Great Grandpa/ma T (my dad's parents), had a cookout at my Uncle and Aunt's house, played outside a lot, roasted smores and all got colds because we were too busy having fun and not sleeping! It was a crazy week but we really enjoyed our time with family that we don't get to see very often. Thursday morning after everyone had left, Meg proclaimed in a very sad voice, "I miss my cousins."

I have more to say but I am being beckoned to the hot tub.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

WAY TO GO KATE! You're such a beautiful spirit..and REALLY BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL! watch out C and L - three angels - eek! :-) get the guns ready now - lol

HOW EXCITING!!! LOOOOVED THE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like Kate is almost as big as Jazzy and WAY bigger than Beth's 11.5 mo old Kiara :-)