Today is my Dad's birthday. He would have been 58 this year. But in my mind he will always be 55 years old. Isn't that funny how we always remember people we loose at the age we lost them at. It only makes sense but no matter how much life goes on, my dad stays the same in my mind.
I was reminded once again over the last couple of weeks how hard the anticipation of a special day is (like today). However, I always find that the actual day is a lot easier then I expect it to be. I know that I have said that before but it always rings true in my life. For weeks, Dad's birthday and my parent's anniversary (next week) is in the forefront of my mind. But today came and I was ok. We had a very nice dinner with mom, courtesy of the farmer's market and then there was an ice cream social in town tonight. The day is almost over and I haven't shed a tear... until now. I haven't had time, haven't wanted to but now I need to. Once again I am reminded of just how precious life is and how much I take it for granted.
Sorry to leave on a down note but here's our picture for the day. It's all three girls at the ice cream social. The local museum opened up an old train for tours and gave out free ice cream. The girls picked blue moon, Charlie and mom had butter pecan and Kake's just ate from every one's bowls.

2 comments:
The death of a someone so dear is just so hard. You must miss him terribly. And while we know that he is with the Lord, the daughter in you still must want your daddy back.
Thanks for sharing your honest and real thoughts.
hugs,
tara
what a hard day....
Thank you for being wise and getting your thoughts and feelings out...thank you for being real and letting us share in it!
btw - don't like h/m hair dos...they look like Kindergarteners - wink. BEAUTIFUL!
Love,
W
Post a Comment